Fedora Infrastructure announces status.fedoraproject.org

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 08:45:49 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 9:31 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I'm happy to announce the general availability of our
> status.fedoraproject.org site.
>
> This site provides an easy way for Fedora contributors and users to
> check on the status of services provided by Fedora Infrastructure.
>
> The site auto reloads every minute, and also provides a rss feed at
> http://status.fedoraproject.org/changes.rss of any changes.
>
> If you run into a problem or issue that is not reflected at
> status.fedoraproject.org, please do report it to us in #fedora-admin on
> irc.freenode.net or via ticket at
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/newticket
> We update the site status information manually so we need to be aware
> of the issue in order to keep the site accurate.
>
> As with everything in Fedora Infrastructure, this application is open
> source. Source is available from:
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fedora-status.git
> and is released under a GPLv2+ license.
>
> This application is hosted at https://openshift.redhat.com to avoid any
> issues with outages in our infrastructure affecting status reporting.

Looks really cool, congrats to all that made it happen!

Will there be banners for when maintenance is going to happen/in
progress so that if there's an issue and we go there it will let us
know if it's an unplanned outage or whether it's part of planned
maintenance?

Also it would be great if we could have a second section at the bottom
for secondary arch koji too :)

Peter