Fedora Infrastructure announces status.fedoraproject.org

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Aug 31 17:56:34 UTC 2012

On Fri, 31 Aug 2012 12:51:22 -0500
Jon Ciesla <limburgher at gmail.com> wrote:

> > That makes lots of sense, but I suspect you'll get just as many
> > "why isn't bugzilla shown here?" questions ... unless maybe the
> > page had some hint that it only monitors sites directly managed by
> > the Fedora Project, which is why sites like bugzilla, etc., etc.
> > are not shown here.

We could add something to that effect perhaps.

Another issue is that we don't monitor bugzilla at all. With our other
services if something goes down, we are paged and the first thing the
person handling the outage can do is set the status. With no monitoring
we would depend on someone telling us when things are down and someone
who can update status being around to act on it. This would lead to
it's status being out of sync a great deal more than services we
monitor and manage. ;)

> I see your point, but I'm swayed by Kevin's logic.

:)

kevin