Yum Package Remove Order

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Dec 1 03:54:36 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-11-30 at 17:24 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le Ven 30 novembre 2012 15:11, Mark Bidewell a écrit :
> > I have been working on packaging software into RPMs for my company.  These
> > RPMs create directories in %post into which dependent RPMs install
> > components.
>
> You need to create those directories in %install and have your package own
> them in %files, and have dependant rpms depend on your package then
> everything will work fine

Or for bonus points, the app itself ought to create the directories in
the first place, if they're associated with the app. Packages should
only create directories for stuff that's added as part of the package,
not part of the software per se - say, you're including a convenience
script which is not upstream, or moving the icons around, or something.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey