What would it take to make Software Collections work in Fedora?

Aleksandar Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Thu Dec 6 16:10:26 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

As someone familiar with the Java ecosystem (at least a bit :) I would disagree with you Adam.
Our opinion starts to matter and we are starting to make changes aka upstreams are willing to accept our changes and the process is accelerating. It would be very sad if we gave up now. We have big influence over the Eclipse ecosystem, we start to have influence over the Java buildsystems, and etc.
P.S. Small clarification needed - when I say Java I mean things that run on top of the JVM BUT Java EE. Even I lost hope on that part.

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse team