selinux-policy-3.11.1-57 and 3.11.1-58 breaking access to 'storage' drives

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 06:46:16 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-12-03 at 12:53 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> In bohdi, people have reported that -59 fixed the problem going
> forward. But
> people already affected need to relabel.

Looks like I got caught with this one. However, the updated and a
relabel isn't working for me. My USB attached HDDs are still unusable:

> [root at dhcppc1 Ankur_Backup]# pwd
> /mnt/Ankur_Backup
> [root at dhcppc1 Ankur_Backup]# lash -Z
> ls: cannot access references server: Permission denied
> ls: cannot access .Pictures: Permission denied
> ls: cannot access Config_files: Permission denied
> ls: cannot access .keys: Permission denied
> ls: cannot access .AnkurBackup: Permission denied
> total 0
> ?--------- ? ?                                  .AnkurBackup
> ?--------- ? ?                                  Config_files
> ?--------- ? ?                                  .keys
> ?--------- ? ?                                  .Pictures
> ?--------- ? ?                                  references server
> [root at dhcppc1 Ankur_Backup]#

> [root at dhcppc1 Entertainment]# lash -Z
> ls: cannot access Films: Permission denied
> ls: cannot access CM_backup: Permission denied
> ls: cannot access TV: Permission denied
> total 0
> ?--------- ? ?                                  CM_backup
> ?--------- ? ?                                  Films
> ?--------- ? ?                                  TV
> [root at dhcppc1 Entertainment]#

selinux-policy-3.11.1-59.fc18.noarch

After a setenforce 0, this is what it says:

> [root at dhcppc1 Entertainment]# lash -Z
> total 12K
> drwxrwxr-x. ankur ankur unconfined_u:object_r:file_t:s0  CM_backup
> drwxrwxr-x. ankur ankur unconfined_u:object_r:file_t:s0  Films
> drwxrwxr-x. ankur ankur unconfined_u:object_r:file_t:s0  TV
> [root at dhcppc1 Entertainment]#

> [root at dhcppc1 Ankur_Backup]# lash -Z
> total 88K
> drwxrwxr-x. ankur ankur unconfined_u:object_r:file_t:s0  .AnkurBackup
> drwxrwxr-x. ankur ankur unconfined_u:object_r:file_t:s0  Config_files
> drwxrwxr-x. ankur ankur unconfined_u:object_r:file_t:s0  .keys
> drwxrwxr-x. ankur ankur unconfined_u:object_r:file_t:s0  .Pictures
> drwxr-xr-x. root  root  unconfined_u:object_r:file_t:s0  references server
> [root at dhcppc1 Ankur_Backup]#

How would I fix this please? It's really causing me quite some trouble :(
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Please only print if necessary.