bugz.fedoraproject.org trouble

Ralph Bean rbean at redhat.com
Fri Dec 7 16:46:49 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 04:57:00PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> There used to be
>
>   http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/SOURCE-RPM-NAME
> e.g.
>   http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/gnome-packagekit
>
> Whoever has installed the new non-working software on that server,
> could it be replaced with the previous version again, please?
>
> The pages don't want to load successfully anymore:
>
>    Error loading the data for this page element
>    Error loading the data for this page element
>
> And
>    This package has no bugs - go file some!!!
> is displayed always, apparently.
>
> This is very unfortunate and sad, especially during the Fedora Beta phase.
> A very convenient way to take a look at existing bug reports is gone.
> A very convenient way to follow a quick link into Fedora bugzilla is gone.
>
> And what is this thing called anyway?
> There are a couple of links at the bottom of the page, which don't work
>  -> http://fedoracommunity.fedorahosted.org/
>  -> http://moksha.fedorahosted.org/
> seems to be related to the "fedora community project", but only
> the src.rpm/rpm repo links work, which contain many rpms.

I introduced the switch-over as per this ticket
https://fedorahosted.org/fedoracommunity/ticket/381

The site (called fedora-packages, the successor to fedoracommunity)
has been up for almost a year and we were mistaken in thinking enough
developers had used it that the kinks had been worked out.

You're quite right about this being poor timing.  I just reverted
the alias, so bugz.fedoraproject.org/package-name should work again
(using the pkgdb site).  We'll hammer on the fedora-packages app
some more during freeze to try and get it up-to-snuff.

For the curious, part of the motivation for making a change at all is
that the pkgdb app has undergone feature creep over time.  Its
codebase is older and needs a port/rewrite to a more modern framework.
We're hoping to trim some of it's features which already exist in other
apps (like this bugs reporting feature), scale it down, and rewrite
the core as a more maintainable unit.. the core being acl controls.

-Ralph