Grub2

les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Sat Dec 8 19:22:46 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-12-08 at 06:34 -0600, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> On 12/08/2012 01:46 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > I'm not sure
> > if there's an 'update-safe' way of doing this.
>
> Instead of updating the "system" theme he could copy&paste the
> /boot/grub2/themes/system directory and call it "/boot/grub2/themes/les"
> and in /etc/default/grub add:
>
> GRUB_THEME="/boot/grub2/themes/les/theme.txt"

Hi, guys,
	I know I am doing something wrong, as it seems that there is still that
"flash" of a message that occurs.  I think there is an error in the grub
file that is generated that prevents the changes from taking effect.
However I cannot locate the error in the script by looking at it, nor
can I find a log of the error message.  Is there someplace special where
grub2 saves error messages?

	As to the bugzilla, I could not load some of the attachments, nor do
the comments make sense to me of what needs to be done.  The issue of
"update safe" is very important as well.  Doing this once is tough
enough, and I am not sophisticated in scripting to write a solid script
to redo it again.

	Anyway, here is what I need the screen to do:
	1. increase the text size to something like 18 point when seen in Gedit
for example.
	2. wait for up to 90 seconds so I can make it back from a cup of coffee
on a reboot (I write software and do simulations, which occasionally I
break the OS or memory overflows and even stuffs the swap space.  I know
get more memory, but that will just delay the problem, not fix it.;0)
	3. Hopefully last through the various system updates, or worst case be
simple enough to fix by a simple 1 or 2 file copy commands.

	Changing font size and adding a delay would seem to be simple, but it
doesn't seem to be that way.

Thanks.
Les H