libjpeg-turbo API/ABI bump in F19 (transition from jpeg6 to jpeg8 API/ABI)

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Thu Dec 13 21:08:54 UTC 2012

On 10/18/2012 07:13 AM, Adam Tkac wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've just created
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/libjpeg-turbo-jpeg8-ABI page which
> contains plan how to successfully move from current jpeg6 API/ABI to more recent
> jpeg8 API/ABI for Fedora 19.
>
> All packages which depends on libjpeg.so will have to be rebuilt. Since I have
> provenpackager privileges, I will cook some script which will rebuild all
> pkgs automatically so no action will be required from maintainers.
>
> If there are no objections against this approach, I will start with this task
> next week.
>
> Regards, Adam

BR of libjpeg-devel now pulls in libjpeg-turbo-compat-devel, but this doesn't
really work as a drop in replacement because those headers are in
/usr/include/libjpeg-turbo-compat/.  Shouldn't libjpeb-turbo-devel provide
libjpeg-devel and not libjpeg-turbo-compat-devel?

--
Orion Poplawski
NWRA, Boulder Office                  FAX: 303-415-9702
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com