Summary/Minutes for today's FESCo meeting (2012-12-19)

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri Dec 21 19:17:39 UTC 2012

Lennart Poettering (mzerqung at 0pointer.de) said:
> it is simply wrong to place internal binaries in %{_libdir}. internal
> binaries should not be subject to multlib'ed dirs, the same way as
> binaries in bin/ are not...

I would note I have seen cases where helper binaries actually needed to be
arch-specific and in $prefix/$libdir. I think it was bonobo?

In any case, I agree - my proposal was that packages that use
non-multilibbed helper binaries should be free to put them in *one of*
$prefix/lib or $prefix/libexec, as long as they remain consistent.

Bill