package reviews: new Release for every update

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 17:02:04 UTC 2012

On 2012-12-29 17:01, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> I noticed our package review process doesn't explicitly say "After you
> make an update to the package, bump the 'Release' number and post a
> new link each time." This is a popular convention, but it doesn't seem
> to be formally documented.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process
>
> Should this guidance be part of our instructions?
>
> - Ken
The GL nowadays allows updating of the spec without a release bump as
long as nothing is released  [1].  However, the changelog should still
be updated one way or another.

Also, in many cases the same link is reused, at least for the spec. I
see nothing wrong in that

That said, what's the problem you want to solve here?

--alec

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Changelogs