/usrmove?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Feb 8 17:48:28 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-02-07 at 20:57 -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2012, at 7:46 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > Note that this has not actually been implemented in anaconda yet, so if
> > you do an anaconda upgrade at this time, it will explode horribly.
>
> So the instructions here:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum#Fedora_16_-.3E_Fedora_17
>
> Are the expected steps to move from F16 to F17 Alpha TC1? And then by
> Alpha TC2 the expectation is that these steps will be performed by
> anaconda?

Not exactly. Upgrading is not a release-blocking issue until Beta; Alpha
can go out with upgrades not working. So anaconda team isn't absolutely
required to implement it until Beta. I don't know what their actual
timeframe for doing it is. I expect it won't be in TC2, since I want to
compose that Real Soon Now and the upgrade stuff isn't done yet.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey