/usrmove?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Feb 9 00:30:52 UTC 2012

Am 09.02.2012 01:23, schrieb Adam Williamson:
> Our experience, though, is that this is entirely the wrong way to do things.
> The problem is that life is rarely so neat: you don't get an orderly succession
> of Big Scary Bugs popping up one at a time for you to shoot down.

there are enough open bugs for the next ten years

> No, it's usually the case that there are ten or a dozen Big Scary Bugs at any one
> time. Given that, it's a very bad idea to find one and then focus all attention on
> it: block all releases until it's fixed and stop looking for or working on other BSBs.

it is a very good idea because the overall quality of fedora would
be improved if there would be a larger release-blocking to get
the big changes fixed BEFORE alpha and in the meantime not involved
maintainers could proceed fixing the tons of small bugs and polish
the distribution at all - there are really neough rough corners
involved in the last releases to work on that there is no need
to proceed this way of releasing and starting alpha/beta with
known broken things