/usrmove? -> about the future

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Feb 10 19:38:16 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 18:39:19 +0100,
  Michal Schmidt <mschmidt at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 02/10/2012 06:33 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> >It seems pretty common that updating systemd causes problems with the next
> >shutdown. I don't know why and it is a pain to reproduce since it doesn't
> >happen again on the next reboot.
>
> Did you see the problem with updates within a stable Fedora release?
> Or do you mean updates in Rawhide / Branched?

I see it in F16 and rawhide. I am just switching some systems over to
branched. It doesn't happen all of the time, and reboots are timed by when
I update kernels, so they aren't necessarily closed to systemd updates.
It's possible that the issue is really some other package that changed
and prevents clean shutdown. Also if some cases things might clear up
if I wait long enough. But at 3 minutes a service, I usually don't want
to wait that long.