/usrmove?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sat Feb 11 03:34:29 UTC 2012

On 02/10/2012 02:28 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 02/10/2012 01:17 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>>>
>> Ok, then my advice to you is: Stop shifiting around responsibilities
>> and start to work. Team up with others and start working on migrating
>> the remaining not-converted services.
>
> Excuse me?

You have been telling me you are waiting for package maintainers to
convert their services - To me, this is "blaming the others" and
shifting responsibilities".

> I've been working on this for 3 release cycles now and spend on average
> 30 minutes on each migration and I have for f15/f16 50 components that
> are just stuck in bugzilla with no comments or movement on them and
> another additional new 50 components for F17 which are also stuck with
> no comments or movement on them.
Sorry, I wasn't aware about this.

> That's total of 100 components with native systemd units attached to
> them with *unresponsive* maintainers...

So, your point is: You converted and submitted patches, but the package
maintainers do not respond?

[I don't maintain such packages, but at least to me your role in this
conversion had been unknown and would also assume several of these
maintainers do not understand your patches and systemd's details - At
least I do not understand them]

=> System failure, time to raise the pressure.

Potential approaches:
- Send periodic nag mails to this list.
- Have FESCo "bring out the hammer"
- Contact proven packagers to intervene.

Ralf