Linux Questions Desktop Environment of the Year - interesting result

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 18:46:00 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Matej Cepl wrote:
>> Kevin?
>>
>> I am usually close to being on your side in most flamewars here, but
>> changing the release policy based on the vote of 627 people on a random
>> website? Really?
>
> It's not just that website. Survey the Fedora blogs a bit to see how many
> people switched away from GNOME 3.

Well because people who stay with GNOME 3 don't go and write a blog
post "I did not switch away" ... it is just the other side that fells
the need to leave with noise.

> That poll is the first time I see this
> trend quantified in numbers, but it matches my expectations fairly well.

The poll is scientifically useless and you know that; and the one Olav
linked shows the opposite by the way.

>  unconventional UIs is exactly what spins.fedoraproject.org is for

Why must a desktop resemble the windows 95 UI paradigm? You call that
unconventional I call that progress.