ConsoleKit in F17

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Feb 13 21:06:12 UTC 2012

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> While we hope to complete this for the desktop spin, we don't expect all
> spins to be free of ConsoleKit users in time for F17. Therefore, we need
> to make sure that CK continues to function - which is why we've put
> pam-ck-connector into the gdm pam stacks today. Spins which need
> ConsoleKit should make sure that they have a dependency on it somewhere
> (or pull it in via comps), since gdm has no hard dependency on it anymore.

For the KDE spin and anything derived from it (e.g. Scientific KDE), this
has already been addressed by kde-workspace-4.8.0-5.fc17:
- kde-workspace: Requires: ConsoleKit (shutdown/restart, works around #788171)
- kdm: Requires: ConsoleKit (works around #787855, nasty error message on login)
(See the referenced bugs in Bugzilla for the long-term fixes required.)

        Kevin Kofler