/usrmove and path ordering

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 12:43:24 UTC 2012

On Feb 15, 2012 6:16 AM, "Reindl Harald" <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
> there is no single reason for a feature like /usrmove which
> in fact nobody NEEDS at all and definitly not now to press
> it into the next release with pressure

You are wrong. The /usr move has a very clear impact in being able to
snapshot your OS install partition. Add btrfs, yum hooks and the
already-implemented "stateless" configuration and you have a really major
feature: a fully upgrade/test/rollback setup for Fedora.

For OLPC for example, this could be a major win, hence my interest. I
definitely want it for my laptop. I'm sure many running rawhide will want
it :-) -- upgrade/test/file bugs if it breaks/rollback if it's real bad.

cheers,

{ Martin Langhoff - one laptop per child }