/usrmove? -> about the future

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Wed Feb 15 18:50:00 UTC 2012

On 02/15/2012 07:10 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 15.02.2012 17:59, schrieb Rahul Sundaram:

>>> What world are you living in?
>>
>> bash-completion is not a default package.  Obviously only a small
>> percentage of users are going to use it.  This isn't something you need
>> to debate about.  If it was used by the majority, it would be there by
>> default already.
>
> it is used by all professional users using mostly a terminal

No it is not. Many perhaps, but many does not equal all.

> it should not installed as deafult because desktop users do
> not need it at all, but this does not change the fact that
> systemd developers which i still call "professional users"
> should be more sensitive here - especially since the old
> /sbin/service had completion like a charme!

For all this talk about professionals, the "professional" thing to do is
to go file the bug already. Crying out "OMG they broke my tab! Those
bastards!" in a mailing list thread about /usrmove is not particularly
likely to get noticed by the people who might actually care and fix the
damn apparently rather trivial thing.

	- Panu -