rawhide/F17 broken dependencies: please stop spamming

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 19:14:03 UTC 2012

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 19:09 +0100, KK (Kevin) wrote:

> Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > The package can still be brought back, but now requires a review.
>
> This is really silly, why can't we just unretire the 2 or 3 packages which
> were noticed the day they were retired and got an interested maintainer now?
> (iwidgets was one of them, but I've seen mails about 1 or 2 others here.)
> The reason a rereview is required for retired packages is because packages
> tend to bitrot if orphaned for a long time, but this is NOT the situation
> here. This is just completely pointless red tape making things a PITA for NO
> reason whatsoever.

Silly or not, apparently there are at least two package maintainers
who could join and return the package easily, especially since one is
the previous maintainer. And who maintains the "3 packages that are alive"?
The same maintainers or additional ones?

--
Fedora release 17 (Beefy Miracle) - Linux 3.3.0-0.rc3.git7.2.fc17.x86_64
loadavg: 1.68 1.03 0.48