rawhide/F17 broken dependencies: please stop spamming

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Feb 22 16:43:23 UTC 2012

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Was there any actual request by someone who wanted to maintain this
> package ? 2 days after orphaning? where?
>
> In any case, I'm happy to help out... if the prospective new maintainer
> wants I would be happy to review the package. Just submit it and cc me.

So it looks like we failed to CC the public list on the discussions, darn…

This was discussed in a mail exchange with the Insight maintainer, krege
(the maintainer who picked up the rest of the itcl stack just before the
mass-retiring) and Bill Nottingham (the admin who did the mass-retiring, who
we CCed on the whole exchange). Krege agreed to picking up iwidgets if it
got unretired, but we didn't get any answer from notting, not even a "no",
just no reaction at all.

Krege's offer to pick up iwidgets was on Feb 8, the mass-retiring was on Feb
6.

        Kevin Kofler