How to determine FAS from BZ email?

John5342 john5342 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 18:20:28 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 15:33, Jamie Nguyen <jamie at tomoyolinux.co.uk> wrote:
> Yes. Since the emails don't necessarily match up, I don't think you
> can rely on querying the database. Not only is it less efficient, it
> can break too! (In most cases the emails probably will match up
> anyway, but you can't rely on it.)

It is possible that they don't match but they are more or less
required to though. Last i checked the bugzilla "editbugs" permissions
and the like are set from fas by email address so if the addresses
don't match up then the user won't be able to manage bugzilla properly
anyway. If the user doesn't match up then they should probably be
warned before they are sponsored so the extra request for fas along
with a warning i think is a good thing.

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't...