How can we make F17 be able to boot on Macs (with or without reFit)

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Tue Feb 28 19:53:43 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 08:34:22PM +0100, Andreas Tunek wrote:
> Den 28 februari 2012 18:22 skrev Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org>:
> > Yes, F17's current media should be pretty close to working.
> >

> Is this on native/basic Apple EFI, not reFit?

Yes. I'm mostly working on the netinst isos, and right now if you take
that and dd it onto a USB stick, then insert that and hold down alt on
boot, you'll get a Mac install. Unfortunately, alpha ended up getting
built with a grub that dies on any Macs that don't have built-in
ethernet, so you may have some problems with that. The alpha kernel also
has a bug that seems to trigger on Macs that results in incredible
slowness. But other than that! Fixed kernel is in the archive now, and
I've just commited a fix for the grub bug.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org