"master" branch still invokes build in f17-candidate??

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Tue Feb 28 23:23:18 UTC 2012

Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> writes:
> Vít Ondruch wrote:
>> If you say to Koji that it should checkout master at remote machine,
>> build a SRPM etc, why the Koji can't determine the proper %{?dist} at
>> remote machine? Why it takes the %{?dist} from local machine instead? It
>> makes no sense. It might work for other branches, but master is bit
>> different, so it should be handled differently.

> Yes, for fedpkg build, the client should not have to care about what
> %{?dist} is at all. It should just ask Koji to build the current git hash in
> Rawhide and that's it.

Nope, it's not that easy, as some purely-local operations (eg "fedpkg srpm")
also want to know the dist tag.

I don't actually have a problem with Jesse's solution now that I know
about it; it was just surprising that fedpkg would depend on other
branches besides the one I have checked out.

			regards, tom lane