"master" branch still invokes build in f17-candidate??

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Feb 29 19:13:22 UTC 2012

On 2/28/12 8:47 AM, Josh Boyer wrote:
>>> I was looking for a way to determine the behavior of the master
>> >
>> >  Didn't RHEL-CVS use a file in the local directory called 'branch'(?)
> I believe Fedora-CVS had the same.  Except it needed to be updated at branch
> time, and fetched from the server across all checkouts.  Makefile.common is
> what hid all that and nobody noticed because you had to be on the network to
> do anything with CVS anyway.
>
> Doing the same in git would still require a 'git pull' to get the updated file.

Yep.  Stale information in the branch file was one of the things I
wanted to solve.  Of course, I don't think I can solve it completely
without requiring a network action, unless we move away from using
master for rawhide and instead always have a specific branch for each
release.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!