"master" branch still invokes build in f17-candidate??

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Wed Feb 29 21:25:22 UTC 2012

Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> writes:
> On 2/28/12 12:58 AM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
>> If you say to Koji that it should checkout master at remote machine,
>> build a SRPM etc, why the Koji can't determine the proper %{?dist} at
>> remote machine? Why it takes the %{?dist} from local machine instead? It
>> makes no sense. It might work for other branches, but master is bit
>> different, so it should be handled differently.

> For the pure "build" command case, sure, we let koji decide.  In fact,
> the way I've re-written the backend to fedpkg to make more use of python
> properties and lazy loading, the build command may not actually try to
> get this data.  It's only the local commands that really matter.

Oh?  In the complaint that started this thread, I showed an example of
launching "fedpkg build" in master branch and getting an fc17-candidate
result.  That seems to me to prove that it isn't koji deciding.

In the particular case here it was harmless, since I would've just gone
and built the identical SRPM in f17 a bit later anyway, and (I trust)
rawhide will inherit the new f17 package too.

I can see the argument why "fedpkg srpm" and friends should produce
similar results to what you get from "fedpkg build", because I have lost
count of the number of times I've cursed the fact that it's impossible
to reproduce the koji build environment elsewhere.  On the whole I'm not
attracted to introducing still another discrepancy compared to what
happens in local builds.

			regards, tom lane