pari soname bump in Rawhide

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Jul 2 20:33:37 UTC 2012

I have just done the long-awaited update of pari from 2.3.x to 2.5.x in
Rawhide, which has associated soname and API changes. The delay was
mainly due to there being no movement upstream in porting perl-Math-Pari
to the new API, so I have given up on that and introduced a libpari23
package that perl-Math-Pari is now built against.

As a result of the introduction of the libpari23 package, there should
be no broken dependencies caused by this update, but new builds of
packages using libpari will use the new version. We're not envisaging
there being any big issues with this but if there are, please report
them on the pari upgrade ticket (http://bugzilla.redhat.com/821191) and
we'll try to help.

Paul.