Licensing change: Audacious - GPLv3 --> BSD

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 09:22:30 UTC 2012

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 09:15:19 +0200, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:

> Hi.
>
> On Mon, 9 Jul 2012 13:10:48 +0000 (UTC), Petr Pisar wrote:
>
> > How could they have changed the license without asking contributors?
> > I have periodically translated the messages, I believe I have some
> > patches there and nobody had asked me.
>
> I did get asked about some (rather trivial) functions I added to the core
> years ago, so there was an effort to do this.

Yes, changing the licensing (also as a consequence of replacing
fundamental parts of the code and deleting entire files) had started long
ago. Lots of files have had BSD licensing already. And you are one who is
credited in a few files and parts of the base player, so it isn't a surprise
you've been contacted.

--
Fedora release 17 (Beefy Miracle) - Linux 3.4.4-5.fc17.x86_64
loadavg: 0.17 0.53 0.29