"security" repo

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jul 17 01:00:40 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-07-17 at 08:40 +0800, Mike Manilone wrote:
> Hi, list
>
> I don't want too many updates so I disable the "updates" repo. But later
> I found that "fedora" repo has no updates so I couldn't get any security
> updates.
>
> I think we can create a new repo called "security" like Debian. Push all
> the security updates to it. I believe that there are people like me
> disabled updates repo. They are very dangerous!
>
> Please review whether this is okay. Thanks!

Updates are already categorized as 'security', 'bugfix' or 'feature'.
You can isolate updates of each type in the GUI app, you can configure
the system to automatically install 'security' updates but not other
updates in the background.

It's possible you might run into dependency issues doing so, of course,
but usually it works out, I believe.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey