prelink should not mess with running executables

Michal Schmidt mschmidt at redhat.com
Thu Jul 19 12:47:18 UTC 2012

On 07/19/2012 01:17 PM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> These days I think init reexecs itself during shutdown sequence
> anyway,

Yes, there's a reexec or two during shutdown. After stopping the units
the usual way, systemd re-execs into a helper program
(/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-shutdown), which does the killing and
unmounting of whatever is still left. And that's not all. Optionally it
pivots back into initramfs, which can then unmount the root filesystem.

> so we might as well get away without restarting it.

I agree.

Michal