F17 updates broke anaconda PNG image handling

John Reiser jreiser at bitwagon.com
Wed Jul 25 01:46:42 UTC 2012

> ... the gist of the problem is that /usr/share/mime/mime.cache was not retained
> in the squashfs.img , so mime was not able to tell what the file was.

> http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/lorax.git/commit/?id=3636fd58146768b07f8814d4aeab395876d93a82
> that has the fix.

That works for me.  Apply the fix to the /usr/share/runtime-cleanup.tmpl
of the box which runs pungi, and exclude systemd-44-8.fc17.x86_64
and systemd-sysv-44-8.fc17.x86_64 from the updates.  My resulting DVD
boots, gives a shell on VT2 immediately, and does not get the Python
traceback (does display .png correctly.)