Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2012-07-23)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Jul 25 13:37:28 UTC 2012

Matthew Garrett wrote:
> The feature was +1ed on the assumption that the feature owner, as a
> maintainer of relevant code,

The maintainer of the relevant code (FreeType) is Marek Kasik, has he been
consulted? (Those fontconfig files to be changed are just settings, the
actual code is all in FreeType.)

And the patch which makes FreeType fall back to autohinting for unhinted
fonts (which was what allowed the BCI to be enabled in Fedora after the
patent had expired) has been upstreamed by me (it originally came from
Infinality), yet I definitely haven't been talked to.

        Kevin Kofler