dracut > 009-12 never made it to f15-stable

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Jul 25 16:43:07 UTC 2012

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 02:04:13 -0400
Bill McGonigle <bill at bfccomputing.com> wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> It looks like the latest f15 dracut to ever make it to -stable was
> 009-12.  I ran across this when I found a laptop that hadn't been on
> in a while and needed an upgrade to f17.  The trick, of course, is
> that convertfs went into dracut-009-13.  After -13, -14 and -15 were
> built. The Wiki links to the former bodhi page for -15 :
>
>    https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/dracut-009-15.fc15
>
> but apparently it never got enough karma to move to stable.  I'm
> presuming that when f15 went EOL all the bodhi pages went away too,
> so the link went dead.
>
> That leaves us with no yum upgrade path from 15 to 17 (due to
> infrastructure details, not functionality).  I think that means
> preupgrade won't work either (though I use RAID-1 for /boot, so I
> don't know too much about preupgrade).

preupgrade should work as fine as it always does. It doesn't need
this.

> Suggestions for the best way forward?  I was thinking some
> constructive options are:

Change the link to:

?

> 1) out-of-cycle push to stable
> 2) place in -testing (easy enough to document, doesn't help trivial
> preupgrade case)
> 3) host elsewhere on Fedora infrastructure (ditto)

It's in koji. There's no way we are pushing anything to any eol
release, so those are out. I suppose someone could stick it on a people
page? but koji should work fine...

> 4) host -15 off Fedora infrastructure (not awesome in my book)
> We could always tell folks that they have to step through f16 first
> or do a DVD upgrade, but those are somewhat less elegant and much
> more bandwidth intensive.

Just point to the koji build?

kevin