avant-window-navigator (awn) in Fedora 17

Conan Kudo (ニール・ゴンパ) ngompa13 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 11:07:43 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 5:26 AM, tim.lauridsen at gmail.com <
tim.lauridsen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Damian Ivanov <damianatorrpm at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> awn has been orphaned in F17 because latest bzr fails to build
>> (0.4.1-XXX), though latest stable (0.4.0) builds fine. see
>>
>> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=avant-window-navigator&project=home%3Adamianator%3Afedora
>

> I have orhaned awn, because it was a pain to maintain and upstream is
> almost stalled
> especially the awn applets was hard, as they is made for gnome-2.x and
> hard to get working with gnome-3.x .
> And without the applets awn is not very fun.
> and with a stalled upstream, it is very hard to fit into a fast moving
> distro like Fedora.
>
> Tim
>

> --

I don't remember if I've still got ownership of that package, but I'd
rather not continue to maintain it. It was a pain to keep up with back when
I had the free time to do it. If I've not already orphaned it, I will do so
as soon as possible.

The annoying thing is that the Fedora infrastructure doesn't like to let me
log in very often...