dracut > 009-12 never made it to f15-stable

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jul 27 21:20:09 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 10:09 +0200, Harald Hoyer wrote:
> Am 27.07.2012 06:46, schrieb Bill McGonigle:
> > On 07/26/2012 04:40 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> >> You can build them from git I suppose.
> >
> > Wow, I took a few minutes to learn how to use fedpkg and I have to say it makes
> > this embarrassingly easy!  Kudos to the team.
> >
> > dracut-009-15.fc15 worked just as expected.  f15->f17 went flawlessly and saved
> > me a large amount of download time (more kudos all around).
> >
> > I put up the RPM's and SRPM here:
> >   http://www.bfccomputing.com/downloads/fedora/dracut/
> >
> > Anybody want to put them on their fedorapeople or sponsor me for fedorapeople?
> > I can fix the wiki link.
> >

> > -Bill
> >

> Here you go:
>
> http://harald.fedorapeople.org/downloads/dracut/dracut-009-15.fc15/

FWIW, I vaguely recall one reason one of the updates didn't make stable
may well be that I tested it and it didn't actually work: I tried yum
updating straight from 15 to 17, with the recommended version of dracut
and anything else in place, and it didn't work. 16 to 17 worked fine, as
did 15->16->17. I left negative feedback on one of the dracut updates
for this reason.

I don't recall, though, whether there was a later build which aimed to
correct this, and whether I ever got around to testing such a build if
so.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey