Shorewall and kernel-modules-extra

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Jul 29 14:08:48 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 13:44:00 +0000,
   Glandvador <glandvador at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Some shorewall (firewall) operations depend on several modules moved to
>kernel-modules-extra package.
>
>So how to deal with that? From my POI, either make shorewall depending of the
>kernel-modules-extra or move back some of the sch_* modules to the main kernel
>package. Need to know in order to fill a bug report :)

You might want to discuss this on the Fedora kernel list or at the next
Fedora kernel team irc meeting. While I would lean toward requesting the
traffic control drivers be moved back to the kernel package, it's probably
a good idea to discuss this first.

However, one of these two things should get done.