F17 PM Test day late :) recap

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 20:41:51 UTC 2012

On 07/31/2012 01:30 PM, Jaroslav Skarvada wrote:
> During the event it proved that managing dozens of attendants become
> pain with the current test day infrastructure. For newcomers it was
> hard to understand how to fill results into wiki (or the concept of
> the wiki itself). It was even harder for remotees. Several times we
> received plain text reports and we had to transfer them into wiki
> ourself. In rush hours there were so many conflicting edits in the
> wiki that we had to utilize one people who worked only as a wiki
> corrector. I cannot imagine how to handle e.g. double number of
> participants with the current system. I think that some more robust
> and intuitive system is needed to attract/handle more participants.
> If designed the right way it could also simplify evaluation of results
> and could give answers to various queries like "what HW worked on
> which version of Fedora".

At the time we looked at various testing system but all of them fell
short one way or another thus we decide to settle on something reporters
where familiar with as an short stop until we found or came up with
something better and we had couple of ideas how that should look like
which well let's say was quite different from the traditional tcms.

In any case this discussion and how it can be improved belongs on the
-test list where the QA community resides...

JBG