[HEADS-UP] Rawhide: /tmp is now on tmpfs

DJ Delorie dj at redhat.com
Fri Jun 1 18:46:46 UTC 2012

> Your quoting removed the fact that I was responding a statement that
> ram was the "wrong place".  I was simply extending the comment. If
> you're willing to say that ram is the wrong place for something then
> there is nothing user hostile to say tmp is too.

"Wrong" in general has been used here as a generic excuse to "do
what's best for the user, and they'd better like it because they're
wrong if they don't do what we tell them".

IMHO *telling* the user how to manage /tmp is wrong, whichever side of
the argument you're on.  *Asking* them how to manage it is the right
way.  That was my point in that mail.

*I* want /tmp on disk.  I still don't want someone else telling me I
have to do it that way.