*countable infinities only

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 22:32:44 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 6:23 PM, drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It can be argued both ways. Modifying software requires more "skills"
> and knowlegde anyway so it is more acceptable to accept that group of
> people to fiddle with the firmware then everyone including people that
> don't even know what a firmware is. Come on lets not discuss the
> obvious ..

My personal ability to disable the cryptographic lockdown— or to
choose hardware where isn't in question— it's the ability of people I
redistribute the software to that is relevant.

If it were not then I could simply answer your desire to ship signed
binaries with "Just disable that option on your computer, tada, no
problems". If thats not a viable an option for Fedora as whole, it's
not an option to someone who is executing the rights Fedora is
required to pass on either.  I don't personally think there is any
ambiguity in this regard the social contract created via copyleft
licenses, if people do then perhaps it's time to strike a new one.

[No disrespect intended, but I'm not point by pointing the rest
because I think the educated reader could easily enough anticipate my