*countable infinities only

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Jun 5 02:42:06 UTC 2012

On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 03:35:22 +0200
Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:

> Przemek Klosowski wrote:
> > The usability of Fedora Live will take a hit---the premise is that
> > you can insert the CD and boot as-is. If Live is going to require
> > permanent changes to the system, one might as well permanently
> > install, no?
>
> Disabling "Secure" Boot doesn't necessarily have to be permanent if
> the firmware is designed properly. (Of course, if the only way they
> allow you to disable it is to delete all keys and if they don't offer
> a way to restore them, then it's permanent, but I'd call that a very
> broken firmware.)

Yeah, my reading of:

"Mandatory. If the firmware is reset to factory, then any customized
Secure Boot variables are also factory reset. If the firmware settings
are reset to factory defaults, all custom-set variables shall be erased
and the OEM PKpub shall be re-established along with the original,
manufacturer-provisioned signature databases."

means you can just reset back to default and get the factory provided
keys back.

kevin