*countable infinities only

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Wed Jun 6 02:58:14 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 09:43:03PM -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> We don't allow software in fedora that has a license that has a usage
> restriction that says it can not be used in a commercial environment
> for instance. I do not see why we would allow software that says you can
> use this as long as secureboot is off. it is essentially the same
> thing. its a usage restriction.

There's a distinction between something that's enforced by the license
and something that's merely code. We may not agree with maintainer
decisions, and we (as a project) may even require that they be reverted,
but we have the freedom to remove that restriction and therefore it's
not an issue as far as free software is concerned.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org