*countable infinities only

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Jun 14 03:30:26 UTC 2012

Once upon a time, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> said:
> Linus started only the kernel. The complete operating system was started by
> the GNU Project, which is very much idealistic.

And where would GNU be if it weren't for Linux?  I remember gcc and
glibc before Linux came along (and then there was RMS's ugly "lignux"
renaming attempt).  There's a large chunk of GNU software that has
received significan benefit from the Linux community.  A Linux kernel
with only software from GNU (as implied by the name "GNU/Linux") would
be pretty useless, so ignoring all the other software that goes into
making a useful OS is also rude.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>