Kernel 3.4 behaves weirdly with flash drives

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Tue Jun 19 12:47:18 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 06/19/2012 11:22 AM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> In kernels 3.4 and 3.4.2, the kernel gets the size of my pen drives
> wrong: it thinks they're EB[1] in size, when they're actually only 4GB
> and 8GB. This issue is not present in the 3.3 kernel.
>
> I was wondering if any one else is facing the same issue?

This is a known issue in the 3.4 kernel, a fix is being worked on upstream,
see:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/65976

I think it is worth considering adding the proposed fix to the Fedora
3.4 kernels for now, as it seems a lot of people are bitten by this,
and the proposed fix is pretty save.

Regards,

Hans