*countable infinities only

Jay Sulzberger jays at panix.com
Wed Jun 20 01:53:32 UTC 2012

On Tue, 19 Jun 2012, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 17:49 -0400, Jay Sulzberger wrote:

> Henrik, I will respond to your claims, if you will answer me one
> question first:
>
>   As you know, for over a decade Microsoft included in every EULA
>   for its home computer OSes, a "Refund Clause".  The clause
>   stated that if the buyer of the computer never booted the
>   already installed Microsoft OS, that the buyer would get a
>   refund for the unused Microsoft OS.  For all that time Microsoft
>   refused to give a refund when the claim was made.  Indeed a few
>   people got refunds, but in most cases, people who complied with
>   the terms of the Refund Clause did not get a refund, due to
>   Microsoft's direct refusal.
>
>   Do you condone, or consider as negligible, this long continued
>   abuse by Microsoft?

> Please stop bringing this up. It has nothing to do with the current
> situation. I cannot see any relevance at all in any reply Henrik might
> give to your question. It sounds more like you're just taking it upon
> yourself to decide whether you consider people to be more sympathetic to
> Microsoft than you would like.
>
> If you have a reply to Henrik's points that you think it would benefit
> everyone to see, then post it. If you don't, don't. It seems
> presumptuous to demand his position on a different issue before you
> continue the conversation.
> --
> Adam Williamson

Thanks, Adam, I will attempt to avoid engaging Gerald Henriksen
further on this list regarding this topic.

ad your claim that the EULA fraud is unrelated to Microsoft's
abuse of the UEFI: Of course, the EULA fraud and the UEFI fraud
of "SecureBoot" (when it is Microsoft's kernel that is booted)
are part of the same campaign to end free software.

I will also not engage you further in this topic, beyond, I hope,
posting a general summary of my positions on this nexus of
difficulties.

Thanks, Adam, for posting and expressing your position so
clearly.

oo--JS.