F18 DNF and history

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Thu Jun 21 12:23:28 UTC 2012

On 19/06/12 15:33, Ales Kozumplik wrote:
> Thanks for pointing this out. I considered history a candidate for
> dropping because I didn't realize people had usecases for it. It is not
> present in the early versions of DNF but I will make sure to put it back
> in later.

Especially in the situation we have broken dependencies (because we
don't have Suggests/Recommends, but that's another issue, which I don't
want to open now) we don't have quality uninstall á la aptitude ("remove
this package and all packages which were installed just to satisfy its
requirements recursively") yum history undo is priceless in the
situation when you want to try a package just to find out it brings 50MB
of random crap.

Matěj