Automating the NonResponsiveMaintainers policy

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 21:21:13 UTC 2012

On 03/02/2012 07:54 PM, drago01 wrote:
> I understand that this is frustrating to you but your solution is just
> wrong IMO.
> We don't have infinite resources so throwing people out just because
> they did not respond withing a week is a bad joke. The better fix here
> is ... you want to do the change file a bug wait for $x amount of time
> ... no response ->  go ahead an commit.

The week was just a sample time and it would be week + the
NonResponsiveMaintainers policy process time with an confirmation
required from FESCO as the policy dictates.

Some people seem to be confusing this like this would instantly take
effect which is not the case here.

We are just talking about automating the "NonResponsiveMaintainers
policy" as is so instead of an reporter to manually perform these steps
( which they can perform at any time now btw ) those steps would be
automated...

JBG