Making PGP distribution key well-known

Petr Pisar ppisar at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 10:37:47 UTC 2012

On 2012-03-02, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Mar 2012 12:53:35 +0000 (UTC)
> Petr Pisar <ppisar at redhat.com> wrote:

>> > The keys are at: https://fedoraproject.org/keys
>> >
>> And F16 primary key (A82BA4B7) is signed by... 1 guy. Awesome.
>>
>> And ISO images propagated on Fedora web pages have signatures where?
>> I see, one must trim the URL manually and hope the web server lists
>> directory and there will be a signature.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/en/verify has a full list of them, but yes,
> they should be in the same directory.
>
> If you can think of a better way to present this data, do say.

Put them right next to shiny Download links. If the datails about size
are important enough, a link to signature could be there too. Like:

Download Now!
605MB, ISO format image for Intel-compatible PCs (32-bit), signature

Where the `signature' label would point to
<http://download.englab.brq.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/16/Live/i686/Fedora-16-i686-Live-CHECKSUM>.

The `Verify Download' link is six sections underneath. Even bellow
export regulations which nobody reads. To far.

-- Petr