/etc/default in Fedora

Paul Wouters pwouters at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 16:27:03 UTC 2012

On Tue, 6 Mar 2012, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

>> Why /etc/default dir is used instead of /etc/sysconfig? To be
>> honest - it's not really user friendly from long time RH Linux user
>> POV.
>>
> Just disable SELinux in /etc/selinux/config.

Or the more obvious place for people with /etc/sysconfig hardcoded in
their brain, /etc/sysconfig/selinux :)

Though to be honest, F17 is the first version where I have been working
with selinux enabled for more then two days. In fact, I have left it
enabled since I installed F17 weeks ago.

I think the only somewhat "valid" reason to disabled selinux is if people
are using special directories they made up, eg /vol or /opt or anything.
(or when copying/dealing with /var/lib/libvirtd/images content in other
  locations :)

Paul