User session printing

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 19:03:12 UTC 2012

2012/3/8 Miloslav Trmač <mitr at volny.cz>:
> Right... I just wanted to make sure that any potential work on user
> session printing is not discouraged by adding requirements that are
> not currently satisfied with the system daemon.

Of course. That wasn't meant as stop energy. If those situations have
a _least surprise_ with current network awareness that would be
groovy.
Perhaps jobs to local network addressable printers can be handled
differently than global network addressable printers in terms of
whether they automatically
get reattempted from the que in the userspace.  Barring malicious
network admins (<me> waves) that would perhaps cut out a lot of
embarrassing "holy crap my print out of those pictures from last
night's party went to which printer?!?" moments of sheer panic.

-jef