User switching is broken

nodata lsof at nodata.co.uk
Mon Mar 12 22:04:55 UTC 2012

User switching between different users on X is broken.

It's not just broken for me, everyone I have asked has experienced the
same problem:

Clicking "Switch user" will often or sometimes lead to a hung screen.
The switcher doesn't show the correct virtual terminal. Killing the
switcher with ctrl+alt+backspace is one solution, the alternative is
manually switching virtual consoles.

Reporting this on Bugzilla doesn't help.
Mentioning it here hasn't helped.

The bug does exist, but everyone knows how to workaround it. Everyone
who doesn't know how to workaround it doesn't use Bugzilla? Abrtd isn't
catching this because it isn't a crash?

What does the list recommend?