Weird koji/mock problem with libpng-devel

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 19:15:37 UTC 2012

I'm trying to rebuild OpenImageIO for an updated dependency and I ran
into an issue. When I try to build it in koji or even on a local mock
build the build fails with a cmake error saying it couldn't find the
PNG library.

Looking in root.log in both cases shows that it was installed.

I did a mock --shell and then tried "rpm -ql libpng-devel":

<mock-chroot># rpm -ql libpng-devel
package libpng-devel is not installed

Intresting... root.log said it was installed.

Doing a mock --install libpng-devel a second time seems to fix it but
of course I can't do that on a koji build.

I also tried a straight mock --init, mock --install libpng-devel and
it works as expected, so this only appears to fail when it's getting
the BuildRequires: from the spec/srpm.

This is only happening on f16 as far as I can tell. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Richard